Drunk driving charges come with severe penalties. Get the help of an experienced Bergen County DUI lawyer.
To give yourself the greatest opportunity of avoiding a DUI conviction and the penalties that accompany such a conviction, you need a knowledgeable Bergen County DUI lawyer advocating on your behalf. Scott Gorman has assisted hundreds of people who have been charged with drinking and driving and his commitment to aggressive, effective representation makes him the best choice to defend you.
You Need Personalized, Aggressive Legal Representation
Every DUI case is different just as every person who is charged with drunk driving is different. You deserve an attorney who will formulate and execute a strategy that reflects the unique facts of your case and your specific needs. Scott Gorman will take the time to get to know you to learn the specific circumstances of your case, understand your particular needs, and devise a plan to give you the best chance of a positive resolution. To give you a fighting chance at avoiding a conviction, you need a DWI attorney who will allocate the necessary time to your case, the expertise to effectively work on your behalf, and the fortitude to stop at nothing to win your case. Bergen County DWI Lawyer Scott Gorman is exactly that type of defense attorney.
Choosing the Right Attorney for Your DWI Case
Like doctors, attorneys typically focus their work in different areas of practice. Some doctors perform heart surgery, others practice children’s medicine. Some lawyers handle divorces, and some represent individuals who have been charged with drunk driving.
Then, of course, there are lawyers who are general practitioners. These lawyers have the ability to help their clients with a wide variety of legal issues, but they tend to lack the in-depth knowledge and experience of attorneys who focus in one particular area. So what kind of lawyer do you want when your freedom and future are on the line?
Hopefully, the answer is clear. You would not expect a pediatrician to be able to perform heart surgery; so why would you expect a non-DWI lawyer to be able to competently represent you in your DWI? If you are facing a DWI charge in Bergen County, New Jersey, you need the right representation, and this means that you need a DWI attorney.
Considerations for Choosing a Bergen County DWI Attorney
Hiring an experienced Bergen County DWI attorney will give you the best chance to secure a favorable outcome in your case and minimize the consequences of your drunk driving arrest. How do you find an attorney who has the experience needed to handle your case?
- Years of Experience – Generally speaking, the more years an attorney has been practicing law, the more relevant experience he or she will have. When choosing your representation, do your research to find out how long your attorney has been practicing.
- Focus on Criminal Defense – Many DWI defense lawyers come to private practice after serving as state or federal prosecutors. While serving as a government attorney certainly has its benefits, don’t you want someone who has devoted his or her career to criminal defense?
- Client Reviews – One of the best ways to learn about an attorney is to read his or her client reviews. Former clients typically offer straightforward advice when it comes to recommending (or not recommending) their attorneys.
- Proven Trial Record – What is your record of success at trial? While trial outcomes can never be guaranteed, a criminal defense attorney who consistently secures favorable results is likely to be the best choice for your legal representation.
- Free Initial Consultation – Don’t you feel that you deserve to ask some questions before you start paying legal fees? While some DWI attorneys charge for initial consultations, at The Gorman Law Firm, we believe in giving our clients the information they need to make informed decisions about their legal representation.
Work with a Lawyer Who is Well Versed in New Jersey’s DUI/DWI Laws
Arriving at the best defenses in your case requires a firm grasp of the applicable law and significant attention to detail. In some cases, the State may have difficulty demonstrating that the defendant operated a motor vehicle at all. Even if it is obvious that the defendant operated a motor vehicle, there may be reasonable doubt as to whether the defendant was actually intoxicated at the time the motor vehicle was being operated. In most Bergen County DUI cases, the State will seek to prove the intoxication of the defendant based upon evidence relating to field sobriety tests or analyses of breath, blood or urine samples. DUI attorney Scott Gorman has obtained extensive training to pick apart the reliability of the State’s proofs. He will thoroughly review your case to identify and the weak links in the State’s case and to determine the best approach to attack that case.
Contact Scott to Discuss Your Case
Scott’s commitment to providing the strongest defense in drunk driving cases is evidenced by his membership in organizations such as the National College for DUI Defense, Inc., and the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers. Scott has been representing defendants charged with DUI even before New Jersey began its use of the Alcotest, and he has successfully defended defendants in drunk driving cases at trial and on appeal. Scott stays abreast of the most recent developments in New Jersey DUI law. He even lectures other attorneys on how to most effectively defend those charged with DUI. Having Scott Gorman in your corner means that your case will get the personal attention that it deserves and you will have a knowledgeable, accomplished, and skilled advocate working for you.
Schedule Your Free Initial Consultation
If you would like to schedule a free initial consultation with Bergen County DWI attorney Scott Gorman, we encourage you to get in touch. You can call our Bergen County law offices at (201) 489-9199, or send us a message online 24/7 and we will respond as soon as possible.